Record Last Week: 3-5 (23 RS, 34 RA)
Spring Training Record: 5-5 (38 RS, 43 RA)
Opponents This Week: vs. Astros (Mon.), vs. Red Sox (Tues. on YES/MLBN), @ Blue Jays (Weds.), @ Nationals (Thurs. on MLBN), vs. Nationals (Fri. on YES), vs. Astros (Sat. on YES/MLBN), @ Orioles (Sun. on MLBN)
Top stories from last week:
- Injury News: David Robertson slipped on some steps in his home and was diagnosed with a bone bruise in his right foot. He is expected to be ready for Opening Day. Eduardo Nunez missed just about all of last week with a bruise after getting hit by a pitch in the right hand. Brad Meyers has started throwing bullpen sessions after suffering a shoulder injury while lifting weights this offseason.
- Mariano Rivera will announce his decision to retire or keep playing at some point this summer.
- Freddy Garcia said he’s willing to pitch out of the bullpen if he doesn’t win the fifth starter’s job.
- Michael Pineda, Ivan Nova, and Eduardo Nunez all agreed to one-year contracts worth ~$500k for 2012.
- The Triple-A Scranton Yankees will be temporarily renamed the Empire State Yankees this season.
- The Yankees signed left-hander Alex Smith out of an independent league.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the interactive Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.
Given the team's current roster construction, farm system, management, etc., how confident are you in the Yankees' overall future?
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.