Record Last Week: 4-2 (30 RS, 22 RA)
Season Record: 48-40 (409 RS, 383 RA, 47-41 pythag. record) 3.5 games up in ALE
Opponents This Week: All-Star break (Mon. to Thurs.), vs. Mariners (three games, Fri. to Sun.)
Top stories from last week:
- The week started with an off-day, then the Athletics came to the Bronx for a three-game series. The Yankees dropped the first game 4-3 in extra innings but rebounded for a 5-4 win on Tuesday. They took the series finale 6-2 on Wednesday.
- The Yankees headed up to Boston for the final series of the first half, and they won the opener 5-1 behind Michael Pineda. They lost 5-3 on Saturday before rebounding with an 8-6 win Sunday.
- Injury Updates: Both Jacoby Ellsbury (knee) and Andrew Miller (forearm) were activated off the DL. Carlos Beltran (oblique) will play in rehab games this week. Chase Headley (calf) missed a few games but has since returned to the lineup. Brendan Ryan (back) has started a minor league rehab assignment.
- Rob Refsnyder was finally called up on Saturday. Cole Figueroa was sent down to make room on the roster after playing in two games. Jose Pirela, Ramon Flores, and Nick Rumbelow were sent down earlier in the week and Taylor Dugas was designated for assignment.
- Mark Teixeira and Dellin Betances were named to the AL All-Star team. Brett Gardner was on the Final Vote ballot before being named to the team as an injury replacement for Alex Gordon.
- Aaron Judge and Luis Severino were ranked among the top 50 prospects in baseball by both Baseball America and Baseball Prospectus. The Yankees signed 11th round pick Josh Rogers to an overslot bonus.
- The Yankees remain in the market for pitching help and continue to scout Johnny Cueto.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the interactive Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.