Over the weekend the Yankees reportedly signed 2018 first round pick Anthony Seigler to a straight slot $2,815,900 bonus. Glad they got that one out of the way early. Here are all the Yankees’ picks. Here are my Day One, Day Two, and Day Three draft recaps, and here are the latest signings:
- North Florida RHP Frank German (4th round) has signed, reports Bryan Hoch. No word on his bonus yet. Slot money for the 127th overall pick is $430,400. My guess is German got something very close to that. Within a few thousand bucks.
- Troy OF Brandon Lockridge (5th round) has signed, reports Hoch. Jim Callis says Lockridge received a $300,000 bonus. Slot money for the 157th overall pick is $320,700, so the Yankees save a little bonus pool space here.
- Gonzaga RHP Daniel Bies (7th round) has indeed signed, according to the school’s Twitter feed. Still waiting to hear a bonus. Slot money for the 217th pick is $194,000. Since Bies is a college senior, chances are he signed for considerably less than that.
- Bucknell RHP Connor Van Hoose (8th round) has signed, reports Hoch. We heard he was in Tampa last week. No word on his bonus. He’s slotted for $159,800. Van Hoose is another college senior who likely signed for something much less than slot.
- Grand Canyon RHP Mick Vorhof (9th round) has signed, reports Hoch. Slot money for the 277th overall pick is $145,600. As another college senior, bet on Vorhof signing for quite a bit less.
- Miami (Ohio) RHP Nick Ernst (15th round) has signed, according to his Twitter feed. Slot money for every pick after the tenth round is $125,000. Ersnt had Tommy John surgery earlier this spring and will be out until next year. I seriously doubt he received more than slot given that.
- Louisiana-Monroe RHP Keegan Curtis (22nd round) traveled to Tampa yesterday, according to his Twitter feed, which is a pretty good indication he’s signing.
- Northeastern 3B Max Burt (28th round) has signed, according to his Twitter feed. He was in Tampa a few days ago, so this isn’t a surprise.
Our 2018 Draft Pool Tracker page is now up and running, so make sure you check that out. It is available at all times under the Resources tab. The signing deadline is Friday, July 6th this year.