Record Last Week: 2-4 (25 RS, 38 RA)
Season Record: 40-33 (408 RS, 313 RA, 45-28 pythag. record)
Opponents This Week: @ White Sox (four games, Mon. to Weds.), @ Astros (three games, Fri. to Sun.)
Top stories from last week:
- The week started with an off-day as the Yankees traveled back from the West Coast. The Angels then came to the Bronx for a three-game set and the bullpen melted down in Tuesday’s 8-3 loss. The seven-game losing streak was snapped with Wednesday’s 8-4 win. The Yankees blew an early lead in Thursday’s 10-5 loss.
- The Rangers came to town next. The Yankees rallied late and walked off with a 2-1 win Friday. They followed it up with an 8-1 loss Saturday and a 7-6 loss Sunday.
- Injury Updates: Gleyber Torres (Tommy John surgery) is done for the season. CC Sabathia (hamstring) threw a bullpen session yesterday. Aaron Hicks (oblique) is expected to miss 3-4 weeks. Starlin Castro (wrist) received a cortisone shot. Jacoby Ellsbury (concussion) has started a minor league rehab assignment. Greg Bird (ankle) has resumed running after receiving a cortisone shot. Adam Warren (shoulder) has started to throw. Chase Headley (back) received an epidural and has since returned to the lineup. Kyle Higashioka (back) and Gio Gallegos (unknown) were placed on the Triple-A disabled list.
- Chris Carter was designated for assignment and Tyler Austin was called up. Also, Tyler Webb was called up and Rob Refsnyder was sent down. Webb made his MLB debut over the weekend.
- The Yankees signed first round pick Clarke Schmidt and second round pick Matt Sauer. Schmidt signed below-slot and Sauer signed over-slot. The Yankees announced several other draft signings as well.
- Aaron Judge has been invited to the Home Run Derby. He’s not sure if he’ll participate. He still leads the AL All-Star fan voting.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the interactive Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the Features tab in the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.