Got a couple notes to pass along, including an OF Aaron Hicks rehab update:
- Hicks has joined Triple-A Scranton to begin a rehab assignment, as scheduled. DJ Eberle says Hicks worked out with the RailRiders today and is scheduled to play five innings in center field tomorrow, then a full nine innings in center field Wednesday. Based on that, Hicks won’t return to the Yankees until Thursday at the earliest.
- IF Gleyber Torres, who was slated to split time 50-50 between second and short this year, will now focus on second and third bases according to Eberle. With 3B Brandon Drury out, it seems the Yankees want Torres to be ready to play third in case something happens to 3B Miguel Andujar.
- Three players were placed on the minor league disabled list today: RHP Gio Gallegos, LHP JP Sears, and OF Dom Thompson-Williams. No idea what’s wrong with them, though I assume Gallegos’ groin issue flared back up. OF Rashad Crawford was moved up from Double-A Trenton to Triple-A Scranton in a corresponding move.
Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barres RailRiders (5-3 win over Lehigh Valley)
- 2B Gleyber Torres: 1-4, 1 R, 1 3B, 2 K — 6-for-14 (.429) in his last three games … here’s video of the triple (notice the feet first slide) … he scored on a sacrifice fly after the triple and Conor Foley says Torres slid feet first on that too … guessing he was given instructions to avoid head first slides after the injury last year
- C Kyle Higashioka: 1-3, 1 R, 1 HR, 3 RBI, 1 K — two homers, four walks, and one strikeout in three games so far
- 1B Mike Ford: 2-4, 1 R, 2 2B, 2 K
- CF Rashad Crawford: 0-3 — Triple-A debut
- LHP Daniel Camarena: 4.1 IP, 4 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 2 BB, 3 K, 3/4 GB/FB — 43 of 72 pitches were strikes (60%) … back with the Yankees after spending Spring Training with the Cubs, similar to Caleb Smith last season
- RHP Jonathan Holder: 2 IP, 3 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 1 BB, 4 K, 1 WP, 2/0 GB/FB — 24 of 37 pitches were strikes (65%) … oh Johnny
- RHP Anyelo Gomez: 1 IP, zeroes, 1 K, 1/1 GB/FB — 12 pitches, seven strikes